Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A story and a shirt

I love thinking about the story of mine and Steve's first Thanksgiving. I was so ready to cook my new hubby the best of the best of Thanksgiving dinners. Well it was the night before Thanksgiving and I was right on schedule with this and that. Of course my hubby deserved only the best...homemade everything. My homemade pumpkin pies looked beautiful when I put them in the oven to bake. I left the kitchen for the dinning room to sit and break the loaves of bread for my homemade dressing, when I was interrupted by the over active fire alarm. There was some smoke in the kitchen, but when I open the oven, there were huge flames just licking at the bottom of my pies. (Those flames started because the week before I made my new hubby an over layered and stuffed pan of lasagna that spilled over.) Steve ran in to the rescue and RIPPED the cookie sheet holding my two pies out of the oven. That hot uncooked pumpkin had been flung ALL over my beautiful clean kitchen. We had such a mess...I bet there are still spots in that house that have a touch of pumpkin on them. Steve and I laugh so hard it hurts when we talk about our first Thanksgiving.


My oh my, this morning I was surfing a few blogs and found the cutest idea for a Turkey day shirt over here. Rachael was right it only took about 30 minutes to make. I traced Madi's hand for the turkey body. She is so excited to wear it. With a long sleeve tee under it and a cute bow in her hair,she will be so festive.
Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Amber M. said...

I'm so glad you can laugh about it...I'd be traumatized for life, I think:-)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Our Complete Family said...

Looks good! If only I'd have had you teach me to use my stinkin' sewing maching in Germany. I'm so kicking myself! I might have to take a class. Yep~ I'm hunting for one next week. Might find one for January so I can stay busy when Jason takes his long trip!!!
Gobble gobble girly~ Les

Jenni said...

That is such a funny story about the pies! :) And that is such an adorable tee shirt makeover! Love how it turned out!

Oh, and I just noticed your Christmas changes to you mantel, and LOVE what you have done! "JOY" is a great word to frame, too! :)