Thursday, November 20, 2008

a little gift and card

Here are my Turkey Day cards. I just love the elementary theme. On the inside is a poem I have been saying since I was little and in grade school...

The turkey is a funny bird
His head goes wobble wobble
The only word a turkey says
Is gobble gobble gobble

Yesterday I subbed half a day in Kindergarten and today a full day in Kindergarten. It was so much fun. We made Indian vests, colored lots of Thanksgiving Day papers, practiced a poem and singing on the stage for tomorrow's feast and let me tell you those teachers give it their all!

I have always tried to give my kids teachers a little something for each holiday. My friend leslie gave the idea of a dip with some apples. I just printed up the recipe, cut it, used my threading water punch and there it is. Plus I ribboned up the handles, filled them with apples and also threw in a Turkey Day card ...easy and cute! We are handing them out tomorrow...we are out of school ALL next week!!!! Can you say sleeping in!

9 comments:

Every Day Gourmet said...

I just put a picture on my blog with your card in it. I love it so much!!! Thanks for the great holiday cards you send for every holiday. I love getting them in the mail!

Unknown said...

cute cards and bags!

Georgia Girl said...

Simply cute! I love this idea. Thanks so much for reminding me that I need to do this next year when my little starts school. Teachers are really a gift to us all.

Our Complete Family said...

Hey Jeni!
So glad you could use the recipe! I got it from Carrie in CO's site and love, love, love it! Bryce's 3 teachers and school staff (I ended up taking 8 in to school and also bags to neighbors~ phew, I'm apple-ed out girly!) LOVED it so I know Ben and Madi's teachers will, too! Cute ribbons on the handles, too... How neat they look!
Love ya Miss Fun...Les

Shannon said...

Those are so cute! I love them! The teacher's gifts are so thoughtful. I'm sure they will love them!

Betsy said...

I used to do Stampin' up, but sadly about the time Bode came along my stamps were laid to rest for awhile. I think Jen still does it. I know she sold it for awhile.

Your card and gift are so cute. I remember Makena learning that poem last year for class. It is so cute!

Every Day Gourmet said...

So what is the recipe that you used for the card? I couldn't find it on Leslies blog? I love the idea of that. Jonathans teacher adored the carmels and asked if I would share the recipe : )

Kristi said...

Out of school all week? Lucky!!! Love that you give the teachers something for each holiday! The cards and bags are so adorable!

Jo said...

Just found you ~ love the Thanksgiving goodies! What a fun gift to receive!

Jo