Monday, November 17, 2008

Nice and warm

Last night was our first fire of the season. I think a fire is mesmerizing...it sure captured Ben and Madi.


MMM...my kitchen smells so good. The kids had fun last night poking some whole cloves into oranges. They are now sitting in a pretty dish on the stove. I remember doing this when I was little.







We were having some fun after school today! Ben is such a serious kid I love to see a look like this every now and then on his face. Since today was Monday, Ben stayed after school for chess club and I just picked up Madi...she loves to go to the gas station to pick out a piece of candy or some kind of treat when it's just the girls....Monday's are fun.

6 comments:

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

My hubbies granddaughters are coming to stay the weekend so I think we will have to clove oranges too. I remember that yummy mesmerizing smell from when I was at my grandparents. Thanks for the idea!!!

I enjoy your blog!!!

Unknown said...

I am so ready for a fire love them!

Amber M. said...

I'm DYING to use my firsplace, too! And that is the cutest picture of you and the kids. That smile of ben's is to die for cute!

Shannon said...

I love fires too! I remember doing those oranges too. :)

Every Day Gourmet said...

I did this as a kid too! I love it and our house smelled so good during Christmastime! I loved your Turkey cards! What a great idea! I am not sure if I love Mondays so much. I think Fridays are my favorite school week day.

Our Complete Family said...

Aw, that photo of the 3 of you is so super cute! Looks like you had a nice family night by the fire. We had our 1st last week and Miss Priss didn't know quite what to think! She kept saying 'ot, ot, ot'. Happy FALL and almost WINTER! Can you believe this year has almost finished so quickly?
Hugs and high fives to the kids. Bryce asked about Ben today when we were sorting things on his desk and were looking at the photo of the 3 Rhein Main boys. They were so little then, Jeni! WOW!
Love ya, L