Saturday, November 1, 2008

It's a bird, it'a a plane....

It's Super Girl and Indiana Jones...




Madi's 1st grade class had their own class party earlier this week, because yesterday all the 1st grade classes did pumpkin math. We weighed them, measured the circumference, the height, how many seeds and then how much it weighed after carving it. It was so fun.







Madi didn't like the pumpkin slime.







Thursday evening Steve got the van ready for the weekend. On football weekends he likes to put these on. Here is something funny.... We were living in Germany when they hosted the 2006 World Cup. Well there were lots of these type flags all over town. There were tons of country flags showing their spirit during that whole month. When we went to see one of the games we donned our Georgia Bulldog flags. You should have seen the looks, I mean people starring trying to figure out what kind of flags these were. We of course had the European plates that said USA on them, so they could tell we were American. It was the funniest sight ever to see our Georgia flags amongst all those German, Italian, Spanish, ones from Ghana..... We were the Beverly Hillbillies that day!

The kids G'd up the fireplace this morning...it's a big day for the Bulldogs.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Cute costumes!

Our Complete Family said...

Jeni,
The kiddos looked cute on Halloween! I bet they had a blast. I can't wait to call B up to see their costumes. And, speaking of Germany, remember pulling them in wagons just a few short years ago over there from stairwell to stairwell? Fun memories even if our hubbies were working nonstop or away! Us Moms had FUN with the babes!
The van is all set to go! My Godparents would be proud of you sporting their fav teams flags (they have season tickets and live not too far from you guys!).
Way to go on their fireplace artwork, too. Little Picassos on your hands...they've got your crafting bug!
Happy rest of the weekend to you hun~ Les

Betsy said...

It was so good to hear from you Jenny! I love seeing your blog and pictures of your kids. Makena did pumpkin math on friday as well for her second grade class.

I saw the carmel recipe down the page and I can't believe you make them! That is so impressive!

Your house is so beautiful. I love the dark brown with the white. You are a great decorator! My two little boys have been trashing ours so much lately that I haven't been into decorating it as much.

Kristi said...

I think that my kids did pumpkin math in 1st grade too- so fun! Your kids look cute in their costumes! I like how you transitioned your mantle after Halloween! What will you do for Christmas?

Jenni said...

Those are great costumes, and great character ideas! :) What a neat idea with the "Pumpkin Math"! My daughter is in first grade, too, and they did that with apples! So fun for them!

Oh, I LOVE that gorgeous fireplace mantle/surround of yours~ I know I have said it before, so forgive me if I repeat myself here! :)

Have a great Monday!

Jenni said...

Those are great costumes, and great character ideas! :) What a neat idea with the "Pumpkin Math"! My daughter is in first grade, too, and they did that with apples! So fun for them!

Oh, I LOVE that gorgeous fireplace mantle/surround of yours~ I know I have said it before, so forgive me if I repeat myself here! :)

Have a great Monday!