Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July in Korea

What a fun long holiday weekend we had. The base here celebrated the 4th of July on Saturday the 2nd of July. I enjoyed sitting out on a summer night, on one of my own quilts, with my family, in Korea, watching the fireworks show. I made the cutest firecrackers from lifesavers and scaps of patriotic paper I have saved over the years. I found the idea on tipjunkie.







Since we had celebrated the 4th of July by the time the 4th really rolled around some of us Wives used our husbands day off work wisely! All our husbands were happy to watch all the kids, on their day off work so we could really go shopping. We met at 0830 and headed to Osan AB. Here we are right inside the Osan gate holding our bags of Gucci, Prada, Chanel, Louis Vuitton. Now this was a 4th Of July I will never forget!!!