Thursday, December 1, 2011

Lake Tahoe

A few weeks ago Steve was so excited when he told me he booked us a weekend in Tahoe. We are about to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. I was giddy over the fact that Steve did all this...he always remembers our anniversary. Steve knew his mom was coming and could keep our kids while we were away, but the more I sat on it I thought we should take Teresa and the kids with us. I mentioned it to Steve. It wasn't that I was excited to have a romantic getaway but it's Tahoe how could I leave the others behind. So Steve booked a 2nd room and we all went.



It's a beautiful 2-2 1/2 hour drive from my house. This is the first view of the lake when you drive over Echo Summit.






We rode the gondola to the top. Us, at the observation deck. You can see the whole lake.











Nana and the kids.










They loved the ride on the gondola.










It's beautiful! This is the view from the hotel room.










I was content sitting in my room.








The kids enjoyed the winter activities but I think we need to go back in the summer too...there is a beach at the lake. The beauty of Tahoe was amazing and totally lived up to the hype.



1 comment:

Every Day Gourmet said...

How fun! Love that you took the kids with you guys. The last time we were at Lake Tahoe I was pregnant with Jonathan. Happy 15th Anniversary.