Thursday, September 8, 2011

Utah, Nevada, and California!

After leaving Denver we drove over the Rocky Mountains on I70 heading west still. Our last stop in Colorado was in Grand Junction...it had been a long time since I had been there but I remembered it...I like it there. Right after we left Grand Junction we drove over the border into southern Utah. Wow...southern Utah is something I had not forgotten either. You can drive for hours without hitting a town. But then I love when you climb and get that first glimpse of the Wasatch front. When I lived in Utah I never took the beauty for granit. We took the kids by Temple Square.



We gave Ben the choice of either going to see the BYU campus or the Utes of the University of Utah and he likes the Utes so to the University of Utah it was.



After leaving Salt Lake City we drove straight west on I 80...now there is really NOTHING west of Salt Lake City. We drove right through the Salt Flats...this is where they made the Will Smith movie Independence Day.





Finally we got to Nevada. I was worried this was going to be a bad drive but you know Nevada was really pretty.









Awwww this is California. Heading up towards the Truckee pass.






Check out the sign. We were all so excited to know we were almost home...our new home. It was one long drive. Especially after just flying from Seoul, Korea and all that goes with that.







We still are sleeping on the floor. None of our things from Korea have gotten here yet. Our fast shipment of 500 lbs. will be delivered Friday. At least I will be getting some of my pots and pans, rice cooker, silverware, and my sewing machine. Oh yeah tomorrow we are going to the Bay to pick up our car that just got here from Korea. Slowly but surely we will get settled.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you buy an aero bed or a piece of foam. Then your company could also use it.