Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Good Day...

This is where we live...our neighborhood. We totally love all the palm trees. Steve wants to plant one, two or three in our yard. California has lots of pretty trees, bushes and flowers. Landscaping around here is so pretty and neat. We are learning the terrain around here. It is very hot here. Today it was 101 AGAIN and tomorrow but Friday 99 and Sat. in the 80's but then it goes back up. It's a dry heat at least. Things are very dry (in the neighborhoods we have sprinkler systems in all the yards that's how they stay green) and we have seen a couple of fires out here. There is one closer to downtown Sacramento tonight. Still no rain; it's been sunny and hot every single day we have lived here. There were a few lighting strikes the other night which sent out warnings for fires but nothing.




Not only do we have palm tress but we have mountains...welcome to California. I just love it I'm telling ya. I took this picture out the window this morning. Those are the Sierra Nevada out there.






My world! They had school pictures today.



Even though it's 101 degrees summer is almost over. My perfume this summer was Nina Ricci. Love the clean scent. But now that it's almost fall I want this by Dior. Last month when I was in Georgia; Steve's mom and I were at Sephora smelling some scents and I got a sample of this and now it's calling my name.


I will get some pictures to share soon but let me tell you I really love my new kitchen. I have been cooking everyday. Tonight I tried a new recipe. No leftovers...we ate it ALL.


Chicken Parmesan


Take thinly sliced chicken breasts, dip in egg and then dredge in Panko-Japanese breadcrumbs. Fry in oil on stove.


In a crock pot, pour 1 jar tomoato-basil pasta sauce. Arrange chicken on top of sauce. Cook on high 3 1/2 hours. Sprinkle 8oz mozzarella cheese and 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese and cook 10 more minutes. Serve over noodles. It's so yummy....taste like fine Italian food and it was so easy.








1 comment:

Every Day Gourmet said...

Love the pictures of your new town! So glad you are enjoying it so much. I love being able to pick up the phone and call you anytime.