Saturday, January 22, 2011

My new haircut...it's growing short these days.

Today was great. Living here in Korea makes me feel like...a princess. I had a hair apt. I called a taxi. I ride the elevator down, walk past my doorman and exit the big glass doors to my taxi there waiting for me. My driver dropped me off at that beautiful Dragon Hill Lodge. When moving here to Korea my hair was one of my concerns...I didn't think I would find a good hairstylist...WRONG. Her name is Sonya and I LOVE the way she does my hair. When you are in the spa at the Dragon Hill those Korean ladies take good care of you. It's such a treat.
I took a few pics and couldn't decide which one was showing off my new doo best so I put them all on here. My hair is pretty short these days and I like the layers and flips. After getting my hair done I caught a taxi home because we were expecting company tonight.






My friend Betty and her family came over tonight. My husband works with her husband...Weather Men. I met Betty through blogging before I ever moved to Korea. Blogging has brought me people in life I have needed. My little Madi was saved because I met some through blogging...someone who helped me see the signs of Madi having Type 1 Diabetes. Then with my move to Korea...through blogging I had a friend in Betty who waited for me to arrive in Korea with open arms and making me feel welcome the day I got here. What a fun afternoon and evening our families had together. All the boys played football on the PS3, the little girls did cheers and put on a fantastic half time show for us, all the while Betty and I were in my craft room sewing away. For dinner we ate delicious Korean pizza, while watching a moving about the Ohio State/Michigan saga...Betty's husband is from Ohio too.

9 comments:

Amber M. said...

So cute! I love it shorter.

Nicole said...

Wow, I don't even think I should ask how long you've been in Korea for, great blogger I am. I love your hair, I want to cut mine short, but everyone says they like it long. I love all the Christmas stuff you've made. The little cross stitched tags are adorable. How long will you be in Korea for?

the dahle family said...

You look amazing! It's so hard when you move to find a good hair stylist. My girls and I all need haircuts since we haven't been since we've moved this summer mainly because I don't know of a good place to go.

Every Day Gourmet said...

I love your new cut. Very cute on you! Glad you have embraced your year long adventure. Thanks for keeping us posted on all the fun things you get to do. It does feel like you live in NYC!

Ross and Jill's Blog said...

so cute, Jeni! I love how you have your blogging friends connection as well!

Jen said...

I'm so glad I could facilitate such a wonderful friendship! Isn't that funny how that happened?! It's a small blogging/Air Force world! I have to admit I'm a little jealous...jealous that you get to hang out with my old friend Betty and jealous that Betty has met you irl and I haven't. No...I think it's so awesome honestly! Love your hair Jeni!

Our Complete Family said...

Love the new do chickee! What did B & M think of it when they saw you? And Steve? So glad you've met good folks there that you connect with and also so glad you're having fun with this trip! xo L

Andysbethy said...

Stumbled upon you through another AF wife blog - like you said, the blogging world is small.
I saw that you are heading to Beale next year. That was our first duty station. Beautiful country. Sort of the middle of nowhere, but beautiful.
I am jealous that you got to spend a year in Korea. When my hubby was there I only got to visit for 30 days. I also have type 1 diabetes, nearly 20 years now - and was pregnant with our 2nd when he was there, so didn't want to try to have a baby in a foreign country.
Anyway, nice to meet you. Enjoy Korea! (and the new haircut)

Betty said...

Oh Jenni! i feel so lucky that I met you. YOu are a very special person for me. As i told you before we enjoyed so much that evening. I need to make sure we spend more time before you go back to the States. YOu have a beautiful family and you are right the Dragon Hill is the best place to be pamper.