Monday, January 17, 2011

I am done!

I started this last summer while still living in Atlanta, Georgia. I took all these hexagons and worked on these while traveing all summer in Ashville, NC, Blacksburg, VA, Washington DC, Philidelphia, New York City, Boston and I finially finished while living here in Korea...PHEW. We all have memories with hexagons everywhere and lost/dropped needles in hotel rooms and in the car. But it's done...I am almost sad because it won't be there for me to pick up and work on anymore. I LOVE it!!!



Now this coming summer we will fly from Seoul, Korea back to Atlanta and then drive across the whole United States to Beale AFB, California near Sacramento....I need to start thinking on what project I can have ready to work on Summer of 2011? I am thinking about a double wedding ring...any suggestions?

6 comments:

autumnesf said...

This is beautiful! I want to do something hexie but I'm very intimidated as I machine piece instead of hand piece.

Every Day Gourmet said...

It is so lovely! I hope you make a detour to Ohio on your trip cross country!

Kansas Amy said...

Very nice! You did a great job! Good luck with whatever you decide on next.

Anonymous said...

Do something that is Korean / Oriental to remember your time in Souel. ON

Betty said...

Did make the hexie with th etoll that we bought at Namdemoon? It looks so beautiful!!! Love the colors. My suggestion is to make a little quilt with all the States or COuntries that you have been. I think that will be fun and great memory when you guys will retirer.

Susie said...

Wow, Jeni! THat looks really complicated! I don't even know where you begin with this,, but it is beautiful!

When you're headed out west, be sure to keep in mind you have a virtual friend out at Edwards and we'd love to visit with you. Any friend of Susy's has to be a gem!