Saturday, June 19, 2010

3+3=6 in 9 years



Those are Madi's stats. Steve and I were talking about them. When Madi is 9 years old she would have already lived at 3 stateside bases and 3 overseas bases....

  1. Scott AFB, IL
  2. Rhein Main AB, Germany
  3. Wiesbaden AAF, Germany
  4. Ft. McPherson, Georgia
  5. USAG Yongsan, Seoul, Korea
  6. Beale AFB, California

Now that is some record...she is going to be like me if she keeps it up. This next move will be my 9th move since marrying Steve 13 years ago but my 23rd in my whole life.

And since we have been in Georgia Madi has traveled to 9 states...Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Maryland, Kentucky, Ohio and oh yeah DC...District of Columbia and the Bahamas. She is going to add at least 4 or 5 knew states to that list this summer before leaving Georgia...we have a real exciting trip planned for next month!!!

Today I went shopping at my local quilt store and Hobby Lobby to stock up on a few things before my packers come, so I have lots of fun crafty things planned while living in Korea. I am a little freaked over leaving the land of quilt stores, Hobby Lobby, Target, Walmart............

This really cute State fabric was one of the things I picked up today and it only took me 15 minutes to whip up this super sweet skirt for Madi...I just love it!

9 comments:

Amber M. said...

Don't worry, Jeni. I'm stockpiling flat rate boxes so I can help feed your crafting need when you're in Korea.

:-)

Anonymous said...

What darling material. And, a super cute skirt that will go with any colored top. Adorable!
ON

ReminisceHeirlooms said...

Anytime you need craft materials I am happy to ship them to you! You will have a wonderful time. I am envious of all of your travels. :) Blessings to your sweet family!
Tabetha

Denise said...

Praying for you and your family as you pack and move to Korea. Thank you for the life of sacrifice for our country. Thanks too for sharing about your life with us through "At Home in Georgia". I love your site. Will you be continuting your blog? Will it still be "At Home in Georgia?"

chris baker said...

Hi Jeni, there isn't an email attached to your blogger, but I wanted to respond to the comment you left for me yesterday. There is a great store in L.A. that specializes in japanese fabrics. They sell fat quarters for only $2...amazing deal!!

I'm glad you enjoying the hexes, they will be a perfect fix for your move to Korea. I take mine everywhere and think I have about 600 made. YIKES..but I need 1300 to do a throw sized quilt! it is crazy how addictive those little hexes are!!

Have a great move!!

Our Complete Family said...

I, too, have 20+ under my AF family belt and it just never seems to get too much easier, does it? Hate that you guys have to leave such an awesome neighborhood and location. But, what FUN lies ahead for you guys!
I, like your other blog folks here, can't wait to read about what adventures await you!
And like Amber, I'm ready to hook you up with whatever fun things you need... just like I did on my trips back stateside when we lived in Germany!
Hope it's a 'Smooth Move' so far for you hun!
xo L

Unknown said...

I ran in hobby lobby the other day and saw this fabric. It is really cute. I'm sure it will look even cuter on Madi.

Natalie said...

You may be temporarily away from quilt land, but remember all the cute origami papers you got in Japan? I have full confidence you'll find and create super new crafty things in your new home.

Jen said...

Ahhh the life of a military kid. :) Our youngest, Seth is 7 and he's on his 5th base!