Friday, January 15, 2010

January x 4


This past week has been AMAZING! I spent my week substitute teaching in Special Ed...where some kids can't walk or talk or feed themselves or go to the bathroom by themselves. I have taught in there before, but this is the first chance I have had to be in there this school year. If you have lived with or taught these kinds of kids you know how I am feeling. Since I have to be at school early and stay a little late my own kids come in the classroom with me...they are amazed and are learning to accept and enjoy these kids too. We crack up because one of the kids in my class calls me Ms. BB (Ms. Jeni). Steve doesn't know any of the kids but Ben, Madi and I have been talking non-stop about them all week. After my experiences this week and watching the devastation in Haiti my heart is overwhelmed.



I am thankful for all I have and the things I get to experience...January has been good to me so far. I have 4 different sets of month stitcheries. It is so fun to change them at the beginning of each new month.




This crow one is my newest one and now my favorite. Tonight I am working on the February pattern.
Happy January!!!

2 comments:

Our Complete Family said...

Hey Miss Jeni! Love your January x 4 stitcheries hun!
One of my fav parts working at the YC at Scott was working with the special needs children. The unconditional love is amazing. We can all learn something new from them and walk away better people and that is what I enjoyed!
Glad your January is going well so far. Send me some of your good January vibes... ours is upside down right now :(
Love ya, L

luverlie said...

Visit your blog often. I can't believe I'm just now commenting on this post. Your job must be rewarding. I had you bookmarked because of the stitcheries. I've completed around 30 blocks since the new year. I said completed (as in the stitching), not finished. Several of the blocks are going into quilts and are bom's so I'm waiting for the next installment.
Could you tell me where you got your stitcheries? I love the crow and the chicken and the snowman and the month....lol...did I leave anyone out? I can generally stitch one up in an evening, two at the most. That may come to a screeching halt now that spring has decided to appear.
Thanks
luverlie@gmail.com