Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Spritz cookies

The other day I made my Grandpa Kiehl's Spritz cookies. My Grandpa Kiehl was a Chemist who graduated from Columbia University. He was one of the chemist that worked on the very first atomic bombs...he made yummy cookies.

1 cup softened butter
1 1/8 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/4 tsp salt
2 2/3 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

Chill until stiff enough to work well in cookie press. Bake on greased cookie sheet; 325 for 8-10 minutes.

My kids LOVED using the cookie press/gun.



Madi has been sick for 2 days. She had a fever of 103.1. She has had keytones off and on for the last 2 days along with high blood sugars. I sure hope she gets better quickly in time to enjoy Christmas. She told me she would have to be better by Christmas because remember she was super sick on her birthday last summer and it wouldn't be right if she were to be sick on two of the best holidays. We got a box in the mail today from one of my friends. So Madi looks so cute wearing her new Nice/Naughty tee with the cutest Christmas knee high socks...she is a sight. But her new stuff makes her feel better :-)

1 comment:

Betty said...

YOur cookies look very yummy, poor Madi her little cute face look very sad. She is a little angel, I am glad that she is better now!