Monday, January 12, 2009

A pink princess room

Forever and a year I have been wanting beautiful furniture for Madi's room but just couldn't allow myself to spend hundreds to thousands for it. Well last week I hit the jackpot!!! I found all this beautiful white girls furniture...it was banged up a bit with some scratches here and there so the store had it marked 75% off!!!! Shoot and if you read below and saw about all our moving...our stuff gets banged up anyways. But now I want to save up for the matching bed that they didn't have a clearance. I had so much fun trying to make some homemade monogram stuff today. I printed out her name and put it in a diamond frame...very girly. I had some small frames I put some 'M's' in too. Plus I just started making her a new stitchery with her name...Madison Kate. It's been fun fun fun.

While I was printing out 'Madi' and some 'M's' for Madi's room I thought I should do something for Ben. I just printed out his name and stuck it in a dollar frame and I think it looks like a million bucks!






13 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

The pink princess room is adorable...and what a bargain price!! Love the monograms too....you are talented:)

Lisa

Shell in your Pocket said...

What a sweet room..I love pink!
-sandy toe

Kristi said...

Oooh, I want to find a deal like that. All of my children need bedroom furniture. Madi's pink room is perfect!!

Jo said...

What a pretty pink princess room! Ya gotta love a 75% off sale. I'm with you on the moving. We've had more than one claim due to a broken, dented, smashed or badly scratched item in our military moves.

The monograms are great. I love what you did for Benjamin. I may need to borrow your idea ~ such talent you have!

Have a great day!
Jo

CMB said...

What a fabulous furniture find...love the whole room, very sweet!

Georgia Girl said...

I love it...Lexi has a pink room too! I will have to make some of those monograms and put in her room...Love the desk and hutch...I never thought about looking for banged up furinture but your right...Little ones don't really know how to take care of furniture so why spend $$$$$ on it.

can't wait to see your stitchery when you are finish...I just love seeing those you make!

Beth

Amber M. said...

I love Madi's pink room! You did a fantasic job...and great find on the furniture!

Brittany said...

Very cute and I love how you did her name in frames over her bed just like your mantle!

Every Day Gourmet said...

That is so cute! I love your awesome DEAL that you got on the furniture. I didn't realize that Madi had the same bedding and rug as Anna : ) Great minds think alike!!! I also have the wire picture holder from Pottery Barn kids. Anna loves to display her art work on it.

cherry said...

What a magical sweet girls room! Love the monograms. cherry

Jenni said...

That is wonderful! It is such a beautiful room; pink is so fun for a girl's room,too! I really like the desk with the bulletin board and cabinet above it. I wonder if my handy husband could mimic it? Hum...But congrats on finding the wonderful deal on the furniture! :) I love how you do such wonderful crafts/projects by printing out letters and words on your computer! And truly, your crafts always do turn out looking like a million bucks! :)

LeeAnn said...

What a great deal! I am hoping to find some of those kind of deals! I want to see the monogrammed stuff you did!

Our Complete Family said...

How cute is Madi's room? I love it! Great deal on the furniture. I bet she is in hog heaven with her new princess room!
This is so wild~ I framed a bunch of beach pics of Bryce the other day and had 2 extra frames so I put a big 'B' in one frame and a little 'b' in another. We were both on the same page, yet again! Now I know why we hit it off in Germany all those years ago! Same tastes!
Love your decorating chicadee. You did a rockin great job! :)
xo