Friday, September 19, 2008

Running

It is so nice to have Steve home. Ben and Madi have been on Fall Break all week so it's been so nice having us all together. Today our weather is absolutely beautiful! Around noon I went over to the Salem lake to get a run in today. No headphones today.... so it was just me and the outdoors listening to the deafening sound of trees blowing around. I only ran 1.75 miles and it took me 20 minutes...I am not a fast runner. But it was very windy and there were hills. Then I just enjoyed myself with a walk afterwards. During all this I was thinking about my friend Susy. Tomorrow she is running with 10,000 others in the Air Force Marathon. Talk about some serious girl power! Here is her link marksusy.blogspot.com, you can go wish her good luck!

4 comments:

Every Day Gourmet said...

Jeni you are so sweet! Thanks for all of your encouragment you ALWAYS give to me. It sounds like you had the perfect run. Isn't it funny how much fun running is. I read somewhere that you never regret going for a run but you always regret skipping it. I think you need to sign up for a half marathon. You are ready to take the next step : ) I have seen your endurance and know that you could do it once you decided you wanted too.
My family enjoyed the lentil soup recipe last night! It was wonderful for a cool Fall evening. We got home late from soccer and it was waiting for us : ) Thanks for sharing your recipes with all of us bloggers!

Shell in your Pocket said...

I wish I could get out and run but my tread mill will do for now! Running without a headphone can be nice and just hear nature!
Have a great weekend!
-Sandy Toes

Our Complete Family said...

So glad Steve's home! Yea! And you had some Mommy time to do as you pleased. Good for you! Enjoy the rest of your weekend hun! xo

Jenni said...

Hi Jeni~
I am glad you got some time to yourself! And I am glad to hear that you have had a good time with your family; you must be so thrilled that your husband is home, safe and sound! :)

Enjoy your weekend! :)