Monday, September 1, 2008

PARTY!

2 out of 3 of the beloved cousins came for a party weekend. Hunter didn't come, he went fishing with his other Grandpa. The kids had so much fun. Alicia (my sister-in-law) and I enjoyed each others company and the break....the kids played and left us alone. We had fun looking at magazines, stitching and making plans for crafts in the future. The whole time we had all the hurricane coverage on. Steve called from Kuwait while she was here. He isn't getting much time for information on the outside world from where he is at, so I had to update him on all the political and weather info. For a guy who measures wind and rain for a living he is really missing out on all these hurricanes. I am going to bed so early tonight...last night we stayed up until 0430 in the morning...to much fun.

When it got a little stormy outside they came in to play hide and seek...there is Madi counting.




They set up the BIG Dora tent in Madi's room to sleep in. FUN!









Such cute kids!



We had some yummy food too. Pizza and Greek salad for dinner, and brownie sundaes with homemade brownies and homemade hot fudge for dessert. I couldn't wait, I started putting out my fall stuff yesterday. Since Alicia was here I wanted her opinion and help with it too.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family! :) And, oh does that dinner and dessert sound SO good right now! (I'm baking oatmeal chocolate chip cookies right now; care to trade? :)

As for fall decorations, why wait? Especially since you had your sister-in-law there. It probably made it so much more fun that way! Happy Decorating and enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Our Complete Family said...

I am so glad Alicia came with the kiddos for the holiday weekend. Yea! I was worried when I hadn't gotten an email back from you but now I know why~ FUN time for you chica! AWESOME!!! The pics of the kiddos together are darling. And I spotted a 'scary tree' on your table. I only have one branch~ need to go get the rest for mine tomorrow! Hugs and high fives to the kiddos~ Love ya, L

Every Day Gourmet said...

It sounds like a fun weekend! I love cousin time! I am so glad you had such a great tiime with your sister in law as well! It sounds like my kind of weekend? Did you find any good chocolate to munch on? Have you made your caramels yet? I made Alyssa's Secret Yummy Bars this weekend. They were so good.