Wednesday, July 23, 2008

enjoying the lazy days of summer








My kids have been eating breakfast outside. Making forts to play in and to read their Magic Tree House books in.















Madi has even been doing a little baking herself:)







Today I have been busy sewing some pillows together for the Plum Tree.

Here is my new favorite picture of my kids. Last month our Target was running a little special for some all-American/military pictures. Look at Madi, Steve's shirt is a HUGE dress on her.
I really seem to luck out getting good pictures from Walmart and Target. Well I have never used Walmart for pictures here in the United States but in Germany they did a great job.





9 comments:

Every Day Gourmet said...

Jeni,
I love the picture of the kids. That was a great idea! I can't belelive your summer is almost over. Isn't summer so great!

Shannon said...

That picture is priceless! I love that scale too!

Nicole said...

Hope you don't mind me blog stalking, how could I not when I saw that cute flag picture. I love those pillows, they are adorable, do you sell them? Is that little doiley (i don't know how to spell) tatted?

Alyce said...

Hi..found your blog through shannon's..I loved your pictures of your travels..I'll be back ;-)
Alyce

Nicole said...

Sorry, I know I already commented, but did you make that flag that shows up with your comments? It's so cute, I'd love to know how you did it.

Trixi said...

Oh, I love that picture and if my kids were younger I would so be doing that. It is tooo cute. Your pillows look great.
Blessings~~

Trixi said...

I just saw the comment by Nicole and I too would love to know about that flag. It's gorgeous.
Blessings~~

Our Complete Family said...

Fun post! B loves to make forts, too. I loved to as a child, too. You've been a busy girl making goodies for the shoppe. When do B and M go back to school? My B starts on 18 August. Too soon. I am getting sad that summer is drawing to a close. Having some gf's over today so need to go make a few yummies! Wish you were close to come hang out like we did in Germany hun. :( xoxo Les

Nicole said...

I saw your Ohio State banner and it remminded me of something. My husband went on a two year church mission to Ohio. One day after he was home and we were married, I was going through some of his mission stuff, it was so cute he had this afgan that some little old lady and crochted with the Ohio State logo on it. It wasn't very cute but I wouldn't let him get rid of it, I could just imagine some sweet little old lady working so hard to make it.