Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Almost Fried Chicken

This recipe came from my friend Leslie. It's one of my families favorites!

She gave me this recipe a long time ago and I never wrote it down, but here is what works for me:
3-4 chicken breasts
2 cups rice krispie cereal
1 tsp. paprika
salt and pepper

In a large bag crunch up cereal with seasonings. Dip chicken into egg then roll in cereal mixture. Bake on a lightly greased pan at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. MM good!




These are two of my favorite books EVER!!! I don't do a ton of reading...but I do love to read these, over and over again. Alexandra Stoddard writes beautiful books. They have really helped me. I only own 3 of her books. My mom has them all. She is the one who recommended them to me. Under the title of Living a Beautiful Life it reads: 500 ways to add elegance, order, beauty and joy to every day of your life. Under the title of Creating a Beautiful Home it reads: From starting fresh to freshening up-Creative ideas to help you turn your house into a warm and welcoming home.

3 comments:

Our Complete Family said...

I am so glad your fam loves the chicken recipe my Mom always made for us! We think it's yummy stuff, too! Here is the recipe from my Mom's card: 3 cups crushed rice cereal, 1 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 tsp salt, chicken pieces. Put cereal & spices in a ziploc and shake to mix. Brush chicken w/ mayo on all sides. Place chicken 1 piece at a time, in bag and shake to coat w/ cereal mix. Bake at 425 for 45 mins. ENJOY! Love ya Jeni, xo

Screaming Meme said...

I'm trying that TONIGHT, honey! I think they will love it!

wandabing said...

I was looking through your recipes- I just love what you share. I noticed the Polish Pottery dish that was in this post and another. I have a chip and dip bowl set that matches it. I miss being able to buy Polish Pottery for a resonable (ok cheap..) price.