Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Madi's quilt

I finished Madi's quilt! It is so her...fun, loving, bight and cheery. It's a scuffily quilt. Last summer I saw the pattern on the modabake shop. It's a pattern that rachel from p.s. i quilt ca
me up with. She comes up with lots of fun stuff to make. Remember those fabric necklaces.
I am so in love with Madi's new quilt. It's white on the back. I used a variegated thread to sew around the squares for the quilting part...thanks to Jamie from my local quilting store for that idea :-)
I am so addicted to this quilting now...I am already looking forward to starting something new again.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling! I need to come down for some sewing lessons!
Onalee

Shannon said...

Oh wow! That is probably one of my most favorite things you have made! It is so pretty! I love it!

Jamie said...

You did such a good job! It looks amazing.

Amber M. said...

Jeni, it looks FABULOUS!! Wish I could see it in person...

Chatty Crone said...

I got an email from the same person who sent out aquarium tickets and the first weekend of March they have a Princess Diana exhibit in Atlanta – I put the details on my blog if you are interested. Two free tickets. Thought you might like to know. I'm trying to let all Georgia bloggers know.
Sandie

Jenni @ nest to keep said...

Oh the quilt is amazing! I just love the colors, too! I am SO impressed by people who can make quilts. I am sure this quilt is something Madi will always, always treasure.

My sister-in-law sewed us a quilt and used variegated thread and it adds so much pretty detail to it, so I know what you mean about being glad you used that kind. :)

I hope you have a good night!

rachel griffith said...

oooh.
it looks great in oz fabrics.
:)

Kansas Amy said...

The quilt is just beautiful! Great job, I'm sure she will treasure it for years to come!

Donna said...

Is this a inside out quilt without binding? I love it.
Donna