Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Caramels 2009 style

I love trying new things...crafts, decorating ideas, recipes, but sometimes it's all about traditions. My grandma always made these caramels. For the last 12 Halloween's I have. The only thing about them that changes is in the way we give them out. This year I made drawstring treat bags to stuff them in.



I
I put my-most-prized-recipe here on my blog last fall. It makes a 9x13 pan full of caramels.



This cute little enamelware pot is filled with caramels for the ladies who work in the office at my kids school...I can't forget them.

8 comments:

Georgia Girl said...

I remember this from last year. One day I am going to take the time to make these..

Sick house I have..Lexi went to the doctor today and has the flu so she will be out till Monday. I hate it cause this would have been her first school party for halloween. Oh well she will have many other years.

Brittany said...

Love caramels! Going to try this! Thanks for posting!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

YUMMM!! I love caramels....I bet the ladies in the office loved them too!

Lisa

Shannon said...

Yummy! I might have to make these for our cookie/candy exchange at Christmas. They look so good!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Very cute!
sandy toe

Jenni said...

Oh yum! They look delicious! :)How sweet of you to make them for the women in the school office! I bet they will love them! I would love to try this recipe, if not now, at least at Christmas! :)

Are you doing well? I hope you are, and that you are having a wonderful week!

Every Day Gourmet said...

Jeni these caramels really are the best that I have ever had. I love making them too. This is the first year since I met you that I have not made them for Halloween. We are having a party at our house this year and maybe I can squeeze in time to make a batch tomorrow. We would love to see you when we come through on the 8th if you have time.

chica21b said...

That caramel recipe looks good! Gonna try it soon. I came across your blog from another blog. I see you were in Wiesbaden. My husband is stationed at Ramstein we have 1 year left. :( Not ready to go back stateside yet. :) Look forward to seeing more of your posts.