Sunday, June 21, 2009

Black bird and Father's Day


I loved this crazy fabric with the black bird on it. So I made Madi a simple dress...it looks cute with a black tee and her green crocs. And get this, I had a coupon so this dress only cost me $1.29...makes me love it even that much more.
We are thinking of Steve since it's Father's Day. He did email us today. He said work was busy and someone was sick so he is covering an extra half of a shift so he can't call. But the kids and I are enjoying the day. We just finished dinner...pancakes! As soon as it cools off just a little we are going to go to the same park we did with Steve last Father's Day. Also just like last Father's Day I started on my Christmas cards this afternoon....I guess that's my new tradition.

8 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

The dress is adorable....I can't believe it only cost you $1.29....now that is a bargain!!!

Sorry you could not be with Steve today to celebrate Father's Day....it must difficult for you all.

Hugs,

Lisa


PS...Christmas cards already??? Oh my word girl....you are ontop of things!!

Amber M. said...

That is darling fabric!! You are turning into quite the talented seamstress...

T is in Alabama today, so we are celebrating without our daddy, too.

Sigh.

Georgia Girl said...

Oh how cute Madi will look in her new dress! Glad to hear hubby is doing ok.

Now I need to start on my Christmas Cards also...be sure and share some with us...I need all the help I can get!

Shannon said...

That is an adorable dress! You will have to post a pic of Madi in it. :)

Your C-mas cards are always so cute (as are all the cards you make!) so I cannot wait to see them!

Every Day Gourmet said...

I love the dress Jeni! It is so cute!!! Is that what you used your coupon for this weekend? We recieved your 4th of July card and it turned out better then the picture on the blog! Great job. Madi and Ben are so little in it... How come our kids are growing up so fast?

Shanna said...

That is such a cute little dress.

Jenni said...

Hi Jeni,
I adore that little dress! The fabric is so cute, and that is an incredible price for it, too! :) You are seriously talented~ EVERYTHING you make is amazing! :)

I am sad for you that you and the kids are apart from Steve, especially on Father's Day. Please do know, however, how thankful we are for you all! Military families are dear to my heart, and they sacrifice so much for our freedom! Thank you! I hope this week is a good one for you! :)

Brittany said...

Can't believe you are already starting on Christmas cards. It is so HOT here, I cannot even think about Christmas yet. Although, maybe it would make it a little colder if I did!