Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Fun and colorful

Last night for dinner we had one of our favorite pasta salads.

Your favorite pasta cooked
broccoli
tomatoes
carrots
cucumbers
green peppers
olives
mushrooms
pepper jack cheese
Italian dressing
Mix everything together and viola!

I also served some yummy cheddar-garlic biscuits.


A while ago I had seen this pot holder idea over at the modabakeshop. and have been wanting to make them. Well last week my friend Michelle called and said her husband had found a new Hancock Fabric store and would like to go with her to check it out. Of course I took her up the invitation. While there I found some Insul-bright...it's like a warm and natural that is insulated and used to make things just like those pot holders that I had wanted to try.


All you need to make them is a few 10 inch squares of fabric, and 9 inch squares of Insul-bright, 9 inch squares of warm and natural and that is it.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love pasta salad! The pot holders are great love the fabric.

Carrie

Shell in your Pocket said...

I can't wait for summer and pasta salads..oh yum.
sandy toe

Georgia Girl said...

Jeni...that looks so yummy! I love pasta salads also...

Those are some bright and cheering pot holders!

That would be awesome to meet when you come through anytime when you go to Savannah.

Faye said...

WHAT A COLORFUL POST.I LOVE THE PASTA,AND THE POT HOLDERS GREAT.HAVE A BLESSED EVENING! FAYE

Shannon said...

Yummmmmm! That looks delicious. Those pot holders are so cute! love that fabric.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I make that pasta salad too....it is always a hit!! Cute pot holders!

Lisa

Our Complete Family said...

Looks like a yummy salad~ perfect dining for spring and summertime!
Your potholders turned out super cute hun! Kuddos!
xo Les

Nicole said...

That salad looks soooooooo good! I've been craving something like that so I'm going to have to give it a try. Those pot holders are adorable, I love the fabric that you picked and those capri's you made your daughter below are so cute!