Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp. cream of tarter
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
Mix all together. Roll into 1 inch balls. Roll in a cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-14 minutes.
Ben and Madi enjoying their after school snack...fresh pears and snicker doodles.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Tonight we watched the Inauguration Concert for the new President. It took place on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. To my surprise Ben and Madi sat and stayed tuned in for the whole concert. We reminisced over our trip there last year every time we saw some good shots of the sights on the TV.
I really enjoyed the concert...the music and seeing lots of celebrities taking part in something patriotic. My kids knew a few of the songs and actors and actresses. It cracks me up to see their faces when they see Tom Hanks...who is Forest Gump...the train conductor on The Polar Express...and an astronaut on Apollo 13...they get a little confused.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Friday, January 9, 2009
Well here is everywhere:
I was born in Columbus, Ohio.
Then moved to Alabama...Ft. Rucker/Ozark/Enterprise.
Onto Texas...Ft. Hood/Kileen (this is where I started Kindergarten)
- Oklahoma...Ft. Sill/Lawton
- Ohio...Grandma's house while my dad went out west for a bit and then we joined him.
- California...Ft. Ord/Salinas...Monterray area
- Pennsylvania...Ft. Indiantown Gap/Harrisburg
- Oklahoma...Ft. Sill/Lawton...again!
- Alabama...Ft. Rucker/Enterprise...again!
- Kansas...Ft. Riley/Junction City......then this is where I left home and joined the Air Force.
- Texas...Lackland AFB/San Antonio
- Texas....Sheppard AFB/Wichita Falls
- Texas...Lackland AFB/San Antonio
- Japan...Yokota AB/Tokyo
- Utah...Hill AFB/Layton....then I got married so here I go again.
- Kansas...McConnel AFB/Wichita
- Washington...Fairchild AFB/Spokane
- Mississippi...Keesler AFB/Biloxi
- Illinois...Scott AFB/St. Louis...both Ben and Madi were born here. We were only here just barely two years...got here right before Ben was born and left when Madi was 8 weeks.
- Germany....Rhien Main AB/Frankfurt
- Germany...Wiesbaden Army Air Field/Wiesbaden
- Georgia...Ft. McPherson/Atlanta......I wonder what comes next??!!
Now I do enjoy moving. It's harder with a family and a house. I tell Steve he must know I love him when I have moved 7 times to be with him. I guess that is just military life but 7 moves for him in the first 10 years of our marriage is a lot...we have been married for 12 but have been here in Georgia for over 2 years.
My parents were so good about showing the whole United States to all four of us kids. We went to the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Joshua Tree National Park, Petrified Forrest, Death Valley, San Diego, Los Angles, Disneyland, Big Sur and Pebble Beach, Yosemite, Sequoya, lots of missions...up and down the whole coast of California. To this day California is my favorite state besides Georgia.
Colorado was one of our favorite and most frequent places to go. I have been to the top of Pikes Peak more than a few times. Saw Garden of the Gods, Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Rocky Mountain National Park.
Of course I have been to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons, loved Jackson Hole. Mt. Rushmoore and the Badlands. I could never forget Arches, Zion, Bryce and Dinosaur National Monument.
While living in the East we saw lots of historic things along the Appalachian Trail and the Amish country. And Gettysburg too. I like Civil War history.
- In the south we went to lots of different Civil War Battle sights including Vicksburg. We always teased my dad about being a National Park freak but I am very grateful. I sure hope Steve and I can educate Ben and Madi with lots of traveling.
See I told you I have lived everywhere.